Thursday, June 23, 2011

5-30-11 Flight to Fargo


The Chicago airport was very confusing. I’m glad that I was not a foreigner trying to figure out my way through it. It was hard enough as an American… and the staff, I am sorry to say, was far less than kind. However, we were able to make it to our gate. It is veterans day today, and on the flight to Fargo I sat next to someone who had fought in the Vietnamese war. I thanked him for his service, and was able to learn a lot about him and what he’s seen. I showed him some pictures of Vietnam as well. It was a good trip. It was short too! The flight was only 1 hour long.

In Fargo I was greeted by my friends Kristen, her beau Obediah, and my beau Greg. I think I slept for 18 hours when I got back home.

Now I am back to my regular life in America, but I won’t forget the things that I saw and learned in Vietnam. These memories are sure to stay with me for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment