Thursday, June 23, 2011

5-26-11 Trip to Hue

Beach by our hotel
This morning I had a wonderful breakfast, and got a pedicure and manicure ($5 a piece). This was the first time that I went to look at the beach by our hotel. It was beautiful… the sand, the waves, and the mountains in the distance. I went swimming for about 20min in the ocean. I would swim out and let the wave push me back to shore, and then I would swim out again. It was wonderful… and not a Jelly fish in site!
she did a wonderful job!

A monkey we saw on our way to Hue
After a peaceful morning we went on the bus… Our first stop was at a marble store. There were all of these marble statues there. It was beautiful. After that quick stop, it was a long bus ride (about 4 hours). There was a beautiful view though J it was nice seeing some of the country in Vietnam. We got to see some bunkers that were left over from the war. Our translator was telling us all about Vietnam, and Vietnamese history while we were on the road. Driving was still a bit scary… they drive very intensely there.

Finally we were in Hue. We dropped our things of and headed out to the restaurant for the evening. I could not eat a single bite. Instead, I went back to the hotel, with my professor accompanying me. I took Imodium and Cipro to try and stop things before it got worse. I quickly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment