Thursday, June 23, 2011

5-20-11 The First Flight

The Sunrise in Fargo, Goodbye America!



I'm looking very excited for the long flight ahead
At this point I’m not sure if I should call it 8pm or 8 am on the 21st  (there is a 12 hour time difference.) Perhaps I have already flown through to tomorrow. I was reading the itinerary and I am anxiously awaiting our arrival…. Even though I have another 7 hours or so. My tractor that I’m crocheting has part of one wheel done and I am over halfway through with “The Light Fantastic” by Terry Pratchett. There is something calming about being on a plane. The stress and anxiety of work and life obligations are far behind me. The only thing that still lingers is that I forgot to chart that I took out that IV from that one patient…. I will look forward to that reminder note that will greet me upon my return.
Brent and Jennifer ready to fly out of Fargo

Last night I stayed at a hotel in Fargo. It was amazing!!! It was only 60 something and I got a suite because they were doing remolding. I must remember to give John and the Ramada a great review when I get back. Swimming was fun and they have a water slide too :)

I brought my “calm music” mix on my small I pod shuffle. Such artists as Celtic women, Simon and Garfunkle, and my brother Paul’s Manatee mix. (You hear that Paul, your music will be listened to on the other side of the world!!! Oh, and thank you… it is really great relaxing music for long plane rides). Although I do wish I had the latest album “February Fables” with me.
In the Chicago Airport, we were playing kings on the corner... I got way too much to eat! I felt full the entire flight!

I’m sad that I slept through Alaska. We traveled north through Alaska, then back down toward Japan. I wonder why we didn't go in a straight line instead. I wonder if we have gone over Hawaii… probably not. Next time maybe I’ll have a window seat. I keep bumping my seat buddy, and people in the isle keep hitting my elbow. Now back to my books, more from this adventure later.


No comments:

Post a Comment