Thursday, June 23, 2011

5-27-11 Sick in bed/boat ride with musicians


 Much of today was spent in bed. In the morning I couldn’t even watch TV because it made me nauseous. I was sad that I missed the sight seeing that day. Later on I got better, and I was able to head out that evening on the boat ride.

We went on a short boat ride with musicians who were each related to the royalty that had ruled Vietnam in the past. The music was beautiful! The instruments were very unique, and I was amazed at all the notes they could get.
floating flower candle. Don't forget to make a wish!

three string instrument
Singers
After the concert the boat stopped in the middle of the river. We each were able to take a candle in a paper flower and send it down the river. If it stayed afloat then you got a wish come true, you could choose between wealth, luck, and success in our job. But like all wishes we couldn’t tell what we wished for, or it wouldn’t come true.

I skipped out on dinner again, not wanting to risk it, and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment