Thursday, June 23, 2011

5-28-11 Trip back to Ho Chi Ming City, and Hard Rock Cafe


Today is when I did most of my shopping. I also got to see how well I can barter… which is not very good at all. I was able to talk someone down from $15 to $12 for a pair of pants. After shopping we head out. We were going to take a long ride in a van back to Danang, and from there we flew to Ho Chi Ming City. We got back to the airport over two hours early, and I guess they don’t let you check in more than two hours ahead of time. So we ate in a restaurant outside of the airport and waited. The food was very spicy. I think all the restaurants we had gone to before hand were holding out on us.

Brent and I in the Market... with my hat.
view from bus during our trip back

workers in the field
When we were able to go in we noticed that there were only three gaits for the airport. Our flight then was canceled, and we had to wait for a later flight. When we finally got back to Ho Chi Ming City it was passed 11pm. We were going to get foot massages, but it was too late now. We went to the Hard Rock Café instead. It was a lot of fun. We heard the last set from the band.
Vietnamese airport snacks. Yum!
band jamming out at the Hard Rock Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment